Welcome to the Merit School of Stafford
We have been serving the private school, child care, and summer camp needs of the Stafford community since 1980, initially as Minnieland Academy and in 2003 rededicated as The Merit School of Stafford. We are very proud of our national accreditation status as conferred by NECPA, and our selection as one of the top child care centers of Northern Virginia.
The mission of The Merit School of Stafford is to provide our students with successful learning opportunities. These opportunities are designed to meet the
individual needs of our students as we prepare them to be
responsible citizens and valued members of the community.
- Include our families and the community in the educational process.
- Provide challenging and individualized curriculum that encourage our students' creativity and love of learning.
- Promote character building and problem-solving skills.
- Foster our students' feelings of self-esteem, self-worth, and respect for others
- Establish a safe and supportive learning environment that accepts and respects diversity.